Friday, September 12, 2008

I'm so behind with everything...

Whenever I get Vanity Fair I always turn to the last page...the Questionnaire. I love them. So instead of doing whatever I need to be doing right now (however, today was productive so far...cleaned, went to class, picked up a few things for my fathers birthday...he's going to be 75 on Sunday…bless his old old heart, got my haircut (always a disaster)...) I'm going to do the questionnaire. Why? Because I don't feel like doing anything else...it's raining outside...it's cold...and I enjoy being alone. So here is goes...AND please do it also...it will be a great way to introduce yourself.

What is your idea of perfect happiness?
Being totally enthralled in something you love. (I highly dislike the word perfect).

What is your greatest fear?
Letting fear get the best of me.

What is the trait you most deplore in yourself?
My stubbornness.

What is the trait you most deplore in others?
Their fear.

What is your greatest extravagance?
Traveling. I need to travel more.

What is your current state of mind?
Busy. Almost filled to the rim...a few bumps and bruises but my glass is always half full.

What do you consider the most overrated virtue?
Moderation.

On what occasion do you lie?
Whenever I want someone to stop talking...anything to get them to shut up.

Which living person do you most despise?
I despise a lot of people.

What is the quality you most like in a man?
Honesty, humor, strength, and willingness to take a chance.

What is the quality you most like in a woman?
A woman needs to know how to laugh at herself.

Which words or phrases do you most overuse?
"Really?"

Who is the greatest love of your life?
He knows.

When and where were you happiest?
Several places and at different points in my life.

Which talent would you most like to have?
To read peoples lips.

If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?
I just want to know more…everything if it were possible.

What do you consider your greatest achievement?
That’s a work in progress.

If you were to die and come back as a person or thing, what do you think it would be?
Myself.

What is your most treasured possession?
My memory.

What do you regard as the lowest depth of misery?
Watching someone endure pain. Slowly lose a battle.

What is your most marked characteristic?
I‘m told…“Your passion”.

What do you most value in your friends?
Their patience.

What are your heroes in real life?
Don’t do the whole hero thing.

What is it that you most dislike?
Time.

What is your greatest regret?
Not speaking up.

How would you like to die?
Not knowing I was dying.

What is your motto?
Don’t fall for the American dream BS…it isn’t just about the money.

2 Comments:

Blogger Long-time RN said...

Just the opposite here. I work my way through the magazine, saving the questions for last. One of my favorite sections as well! Good to hear the glass is half full. Take care!

9/16/2008 06:31:00 PM  
Blogger HopeSpringsATurtle said...

Thanks for your blog Kate, love it. VF questionnaire: my goodness we've just met...but I will get back to you on that.

I've added you to my blogroll; found you at Vet Voice. USAF female vet here, recently separated from USAF doc-who's-in-Iraq. Long story. Anyway, love your place and you're invited you over to mine anytime.

9/18/2008 11:39:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home