Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Only 3 in 10...

people ages 17 to 24 are eligible to enlist. Why? They have health and legal issues or no high school diploma. Determined to expand the Army by 74,000 in about two years...the Army started a prep school! I personally think this is a good idea...give kids a chance who dropped out of school. The word "dropout" is so harsh. I'd rather have a kid who dropped out of high school, who was given the opportunity through the Army to get a GED and make something of themselves serve with me, rather than a delinquent with a criminal record by my side. AND if this doesn't work? Draft 'em up.

Read the article here.

2 Comments:

Blogger olgreydog7 said...

Well said. Alot of my guys on the boat were smarter than me, but I have the fancy degree. Why? They were tired of school, wanted to get out of their town, lots of reasons. Most people in society would say I'm "better" cause I have a degree. I beg to differ. Some people just don't want to go to school any more and others can't, again for many reasons, but want to better themselves. Good for them and good for the Army for giving these folks a chance.

8/27/2008 05:06:00 PM  
Blogger مارية said...

I think it's a good idea too. Kind of similar to the college prep program they have for Marines who aren't ready for college but want to become officers...

8/28/2008 02:22:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home