Friday, November 14, 2008

Slacker.

I know I've been slacking big time and I'm sorry.

Lets see...

1) I got an email this morning from VoteVets/VetVoice guys about the IRR calling up a ton of soldiers right now. Watch out. Do what I did...go back into the Reserves and get a stabilization. No deployments for your remaining time (at least that's what I got.)

2) I break my cameras. Actually, they break themselves. But point is, I got a camera and everyday I'm going to be posting a picture. They will go under the title In My Eyes (Minor Threat!) I hope you enjoy them!

3) I think I'm getting sick. Tonight I'm going to be editing my memoir piece for my professor. It's about 34 pages, he loves it, and wants to do something with it. One point for the veterans!

4) I'm going to LA in January for a few days and then up to Northern CA. Anyone from around there read this thing?

6 Comments:

Blogger Nixon said...

I'm going to LA in January for a few days and then up to Northern CA. Anyone from around there read this thing?

How about the Seattle area, only being about a 14 hour drive from the Bay area, it's practically up the street!

11/14/2008 08:25:00 PM  
Blogger 13 Stoploss said...

Kate,

Hope you feel better. I like the picture of the shoes - just last week I piled together a bunch of boots, both shiny-black-polished, dirty desert, and unworn desert - but have yet to find time in the darkroom to make a print.

I left AA after 5 years and did 17 months in the CARNG under the MSO reduction and stabilization. Somehow, despite my contract (as proof), good-conduct discharge, and complaining emails and calls to my unit, I am STILL in the IRR and receiving emails and phone calls from recruiters and career counselors threatening the IRR as a consequence for not r-word'ing into the reserves. STAY ON TOP OF YOUR UNIT when you leave to make sure paperwork is correct.

Go old school with the camera, and get a sturdy film camera. I've found they don't break as easily and print just as beautifully as digital.

Lastly, CA is gorgeous in January. NorCal even more so - I suggest Mammoth/Yosemite.

- Stupid Jason

11/14/2008 09:21:00 PM  
Blogger Sean Dustman said...

Fellow camera killer, I'm in the area too if you want to grab a meal:)

11/14/2008 10:37:00 PM  
Blogger Long-time RN said...

Hope you're feeling better. What's with the cameras? Look forward to pictures from your trip. Safe travels, enjoy!

11/15/2008 09:07:00 AM  
Blogger GI Kate said...

LT Nixon, I will visit one day! I heard it’s beautiful up there. You drive down!

Stupid Jason, where do you live?
(I checked out some of your shots-they are pretty awesome.)

Sean, where are you again? San Diego?

Lets just all have a big party.

11/16/2008 02:22:00 PM  
Blogger 13 Stoploss said...

orange county. search tustin marine corp air station, or el toro marine base. there I be (close vicinity).

which did you see? my army stuff is not great at all, and I didn't even know how to use a camera beside point and shoot...

11/17/2008 02:06:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home