Thursday, December 07, 2006

there and back.

feelings towards going to iraq...

“I bet there's rich folk eatin' in a fancy dining car.
They're probably drinkin' coffee and smokin' big cigars,
But I know I had it comin', I know I can't be free,
But those people keep a movin', and that's what tortures me.”

“Folsom Prison Blues”, Johnny Cash.



feelings towards being home...

"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter. You will meet them doing various things with resolve, but their interest rarely holds because after the other thing ordinary life is as flat as the taste of wine when the taste buds have been burned off your tongue."

Ernest Hemingway

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home