Monday, February 01, 2010

Do Ask, I Can Tell!...now.

Tomorrow Congress will try to catch up with the times! Hopefully? They will be holding their first hearing in 17 years on the Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell policy. And guess what? "...while Congress and the administration work on a permanent repeal of the law, the Defense Department “will not take action to discharge service members whose sexual orientation is revealed by third parties or jilted partners, one of the most onerous aspects of the law.” At least this is a step in the right direction.

Think we will ever see U.S. service members marching with a rainbow flag?



Think Progress: Gates to stop military from discharging gay troops who are outed by 'third parties or jilted partners.'

2 Comments:

Blogger The Civilian said...

I think there needs to be some regulation if they do approve gays in the military. Don't get me wrong, I'm all for it. We had a couple of guys that I'm pretty sure were gay, and we all got along fine. But running around with rainbow flags, dressing up as drag queens, etc. would be bad. It's still the military, and there still needs to be some decorum.

2/01/2010 07:45:00 PM  
Blogger CI-Roller Dude said...

I guess I'll cut down on the number of soldiers getting pregnent... right?

2/03/2010 01:08:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home