Thursday, January 28, 2010

Ring, Ring my local VA hospital.


No?

I just called my local VA Hospital to see if emergency contraception (Plan B) was available (no, I don't think I'm pregnant. Consider this my first attempt at investigative reporting) and I was told, “they could possibly have it but not sure...they could maybe get it.” And I was speaking with the gynecology department. They don’t even know?

I’m glad 17 year old girls can waltz into Rite Aide and buy Plan B. But a 25 year old Iraq war veteran can't get it? Well shit.

3 Comments:

Blogger مارية said...

Um...that's not what Plan B is for. People take Plan B to prevent pregnancy, not end it. If you're already pregnant it won't work.

But yeah, funny how they don't even know if they have it...

1/29/2010 12:00:00 PM  
Blogger GI Kate said...

haha Yes, I know. Point was they can't supply Plan B for patients therefore there could potentially be unwanted pregnancies…hence the coat hanger. (which was just a joke!)

1/29/2010 01:09:00 PM  
Blogger CI-Roller Dude said...

I'm not going to say a thing....

1/31/2010 12:43:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home