Saturday, December 30, 2006

need some opinions.

i received an email from my army unit requesting 100 volunteers to go to germany or alaska from June '07-'08. i'm looking at germany...i can't handle the cold well, sorry alaska. i really don't know if i should volunteer. i always said if theres one thing i wanted to do while i was in the army, was get stationed in germany. it's free living in germany and i'd be able to travel around europe for basically nothing. thats awesome. but but but...it's another year. and trust me, i know a year goes by so fast but its a whole year...kind of long. i mean this past year i've gone to college and just fucked around. so why not pack up my bags again? i guess i'm just scared to leave my family...if you've read any of this blog, you know what happened when i left last time. but if i do go, i could possible get out of going to iraq again...however, i could go to germany and right when i get back they could send me to iraq (and then thats two years away from home/my family)...or i could do a few months in germany and then be told, hey guess what? you're going to finish your tour in iraq. goddamn the army is a pain in my ass. anyways, the email said we'd be trained in "law and order". i'm not 100% sure what the means but we'd be working with the military police. haha watch it be gate guard or some bullshit. wouldn't surprise me. ohh i don't know. all this gives me such a headache. heres a word of advice...never join the army when you're 17.

so what do you guys think? just stay where i am and see what happens? but i feel like if i sit and wait, i'm going to get fucked. i use to do volunteer work at a VA hospital and all the army guys use to tell me, "never volunteer for anything." maybe i should just listen to them.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't do it man! Once they have got you they can do as they will. Those orders might say Germany, but we both know that in the blink of an eye it can say Iraq.

Don't do, I here to tell you from personal pain. Don't let yourself get fucked. Not even with a rubber.

Sean

1/01/2007 02:07:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Training in "Law and Order", shit that s code for Iraq.

1/01/2007 02:09:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Stay in college, study hard. Much better option that year in Germany-err-I mean Iraq

1/01/2007 02:10:00 PM  
Blogger GI Kate said...

i think you guys are right. ahh im telling you though, i feel as though i might get sent back to iraq this year.

im getting my knuckles tattooed, so they cant send me. ha

1/01/2007 04:50:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Do what you feel inside.If you follow that instinct you can't go wrong.By the way,Thank you from an American.You have made us proud and we thank you for your sacrifice.This is from my heart and not some corny shit.I support all of you.

1/14/2007 04:50:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kate, my husband is combat vet from the First gulf war. Ive heard him even say that. Dont volunteer and try and "do the right thing." My guess is this. Is if you believe in whats going on right now with Iraq and that we are fighting the good fight, than with volunteering, you should expect that being sent back into war is a very possible situation. And have be willing come what may. IF you are not sure about being sent back into war, then I would not volunteer. The travel (and I hear you on this) would be amazing, but the drawback is that army still owns you, and you wouldnt be completely free. Nothing comes without a price. A very Zen or Tao thought, that has come to be very vital in decision making for me. IF you are not sure what to do, don't do anything at all. The answer just kind of arrives at your doorstep and when it is supposed to. Its how we make use of our time when we are waiting that also can help to let things fall into place.

I realize Im very late on this. but thanks for posting. I used to do a blog for over a year and then I ended it and then started another, and stopped. I sure do miss reading these.

2/11/2007 10:09:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I say do it. Germany rocks. Plus they have German contractor guards at the gate so you won't be pulling that.

3/03/2007 10:49:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home