Friday, November 06, 2009

Let's Hear It For Shoshana Johnson!

Shoshana Johnson was a guest on Larry King where she discussed the Ft. Hood tragedy. She sat between some JAG officer and Dr. Phil…why the hell was Dr. Phil on? Anyways, the JAG officer apparently thought he was the only who had deployed to Iraq and questioned if Johnson had served overseas. If you haven’t heard about Shoshana Johnson, let me clue you in. I’m sure you’ve heard of Jessica Lynch, right? In 2003, both women were POWs in Iraq. Lynch was all over the news while Johnson’s story was barely covered. So, Mr. JAG clearly didn’t know Johnson’s background and she put him in his place. The clip is hilarious. Please watch it.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kate, have you got the youtube link?

11/06/2009 02:00:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

And also, Sista Johnson had to get "street" (I heard her once on an NPR interview and she sounded like a valley girl)and bitchslap old "Poindexter" there. Hilarious film clip! Army gave her a raw deal, I believe, as she didn't get the proper % of disability compared to Jessica.

11/08/2009 07:59:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

anon, it's here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fvYMq8dKuhg

I really loved watching Johnson school this dude. I mean, couldn't he have at least hit up wikipedia? Her POW experience is in the first line of her page.

11/09/2009 02:11:00 AM  
Blogger Laura Ashley said...

Ha! Love it!

11/09/2009 05:27:00 PM  
Blogger Greg P. said...

Great clip!

I recognized the name Shoshana Johnson immediately, and remeber the story. That JAG officer was a dumbass for not knowing who she was, and I am delighted that she smacked him down like that. Officers like that really piss me off.

The Jessica Lynch story is a classic study of media hype gone wild. Lynch herself strikes me as not particularly bright, but I admire her integrity. Many times when she had microphones stuck in her face, she asked the media people straight out, "Why are you all paying attention to me, when my friend Shoshana Johnson was wounded and my friend Lori Piestawa was killed? Is it because I'm white and blonde?" She had them totally busted... and that may be why nobody sticks microphones in her face anymore.

11/18/2009 10:27:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home