Friday, November 13, 2009

Clarification: “I was used to the over-educated officers who thought they knew everything.”

Apparently I have offended an officer who follows my blog with this comment. I apologize to all those officers who I have insulted…except the one who wrote this on my schools website…

“I was used to the over-educated officers who thought they knew everything. I learned to appreciate the variety of individuals the Army attracts."
The only negative thing you say about the Army is to bash officers? Really now.
Well at least these over-educated Soldiers could write a better article than you.
I follow your blog.
I was severely disappointed with this.
Hopefully part 2 is more well written.”

Please correct me if I am wrong but isn’t that the ongoing joke about officers right out of college…over-educated and eager to lead with no “real” experience? I’ve served with several officers who fit this category. So, the comment was made about my own personnel experience…go ahead be upset by it but understand officers like that do exist. I’ve also met amazing officers who were a pleasure to serve with.

Laugh it off. I’m sure officers have worked with uneducated enlisted soldiers…big deal. I’m aware and accept that the range of intelligence varies throughout the Army.

Anyways, whatever officer wrote that comment you’re a little rude and I’m sorry you took my comment personal. But Sir, please write away…enlighten me.

One more thing Sir, you're a prime example of why enlisted soldiers can't stand some officers.

8 Comments:

Anonymous Tai Nguyen said...

It's gut-splitting that, in his critique of your writing skills, he used the phrase "more well written".

11/13/2009 04:53:00 PM  
Anonymous Tai Nguyen said...

very good article, by the way

11/13/2009 04:54:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Officers are no better than enlisteds.

11/13/2009 05:42:00 PM  
Blogger M and M said...

Just be glad you never had the pleasure of a Naval Academy grad. God bless 'em, but they are wound so tight it takes at least 4 years before they function like a human being.

11/13/2009 08:28:00 PM  
Blogger مارية said...

I seem to recall a popular joke about the funny things different-ranking people said and the line about 2ndLts was, "In my experience..."

So yeah, it's an on-going joke. Sounds like he took it personally!

11/14/2009 01:43:00 AM  
Anonymous Be nice to "O's" said...

O-1's and 2's are like puppies - they are so happy to see you that they don't realize they are peeing on your boots. Hopefully a O-4 will hand the leash to an E-5 and say "ok now train this one". Until then keep your feet pulled back. Ring knockers are usually hopeless.

11/14/2009 01:28:00 PM  
Anonymous Victor Tse said...

What's the difference between and O-1 and an E-3?

The E-3s been promoted twice.

Thank you, I'll be here through the weekend.

11/17/2009 08:50:00 PM  
Anonymous O1-E said...

i know everyone loves a good officer joke. but remember some very good enlisted Soldiers have taken that oath as well.
even light-hearted jokes can be offensive. when i went to BOLC (the officer version of AIT), a lot of the AIT Soldiers treated us as if we were just dumb butter bars; in the group of 20 of us, 18 were prior service (with TIS ranging from 3-17 years), 2 were ROTC grads. lets just say, the jokes were funny when we were enlisted, but not very funny when they are used against you.

12/14/2009 02:29:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home