Monday, April 13, 2009

The Week Ahead...

Today I have to work on a paper about the automobile industry. Not completely excited about this paper but whatever I have to get it done. I have to read, "The Sorrow Of War" by Bao Ninh...by 2:45 tomorrow. Not sure if that's going to happen but I'll try. On Thursday, I'm going to be a guest speaker in the Mass Media and War In U.S. History honors class. The students read a memoir piece I wrote about my time in Iraq and now I get to answer a few questions. I'm nervous. The professor who asked me to speak is the Director of the journalism program, has a few books out, went to Brown University (had a horrible experience there once), and participated in a Strategic Policy Implementation Seminar at the Army War College. She's excited for me to come in...I just hope I don't screw up. Give me some tips! Also anyone know any bloggers who are currently overseas? She wants her students to check out some blogs. Let me know! Thanks!


Time to write about the big three going down in flames.

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

if it is not too late...Harry Rud, Bill and Bob's Excellent Afgahnistan Adventure, TT Carnahan (he rarely posts now - I worry about him)

Good luck, you will be fine...just look at the friendly ones when you talk.

4/13/2009 10:24:00 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

This blogger is currently deployed:
http://brian.mcgovernville.com/2009/04/positive-or-positive-spin.html

4/13/2009 10:39:00 PM  
Blogger olgreydog7 said...

See, you should have asked me about the auto industry paper, not the economy one. I actually know something about that. Good luck with your talk. The only tip I would give you is to be calm. They will probably ask some pointed, maybe even loaded, questions. Kill them with kindness always works in a situation like that. They probably have some false opinions already formed. Show them they are wrong by being an intelligent, well spoken, feminine woman and you will shock people.

4/14/2009 06:07:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home