Friday, November 21, 2008

General Petraeus, 'don't ask, don't tell', and Contractors In Iraq.

I accidentally subscribed to GQ (don't ask) and yesterday I got my second issue. Michael Phelps is on the cover, inside I met James Franco, but more importantly there is an article on Petraeus.

Check it out here.

Obama does not plan on asking Congress to end the ban on homosexuals in the military anytime soon. He might not even get around to it until 2010. Thoughts?

Read the article here.

Private contractors operating in Iraq could face prosecution for acts committed against Iraqi civilians. I don't know why they are there in the first place. My opinion, let the military do its job. If you want to privatize a war, then get the military out of there. I have no problem letting Blackwater Inc., guys drive around in SUVs and play police officers. But get us out of there.

Read the article here.

1 Comments:

Blogger olgreydog7 said...

The article on GP was a good one. I really think that other commanders have done a poor job of relating his vision to the troops. He wants them to get it, and he needs them to get it. I think the Odierno brings some great qualities to the situation as well.

11/25/2008 04:01:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home