Monday, March 10, 2008

no luck.

i called the VA this morning...waited 25 minutes to speak to someone. finally got a primary care person on the phone...i told her i wanted to make an appointment...she replied with "yeah". so i asked, "well how do i go about that?"...she raised her voice and said..."give me your last four!". goddamn. i think she was drunk. she typed in my last four and my name and told me i had to be "established". i have no idea what this means. i have a VA card...i've been there before. before i could ask a question, she yelled "transferring"...she transferred me to some lady. of course she was not there. i left my name and number. this might just take a year.

2 Comments:

Blogger Nixon said...

A bit disheartening that the VA is on par with the DMV for customer service. Welcome to the wonderful world of bureaucracy.

3/10/2008 01:59:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but unless you have a Purple Heart, they won't give you dental. I have been through the whole round of b.s. myself. I have to drive 50 miles to the VA to get an appointment because no one ever answers the phone. I joined the American Legion to fight this. I am sick of the way Vets are treated. I have no service related injury myself. But in the past two years I have seen more and more people coming in with amputations and severe head injuries and they just sit there for hours. It disgusts me. I want to push for legislation that will allow vets with severe service related injuries to be able to access any hospital and get treated. They are way more deserving than the general scum that clog up the ERs with B.S. complaints, and drive up healthcare costs for everyone.

3/10/2008 08:13:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home