Thursday, December 24, 2009

Military to scrap pregnancy punishment.

Just read this on Reuters...

BAGHDAD (Reuters) - The U.S. military in Iraq will scrap a policy early next year that has led to the punishment of some soldiers serving in Iraq for becoming pregnant, the commander of U.S. forces in Iraq said on Thursday.

General Ray Odierno said the new, Iraq-wide guidelines would take effect beginning January 1, lifting rules enacted by the U.S. commander in northern Iraq, who reports to Odierno, that laid out possible punishments for pregnancy among his soldiers.


Read the article here.


Thoughts?

(I will write more on this topic later. Right now I have to wrap presents. Hope you're all having a nice Christmas eve! Merry Christmas!)

3 Comments:

Blogger CI-Roller Dude said...

I think it's strange that you posted this story days before the media caught on.
In one story they reported 4 female soldiers who were made pregnet by 3 male soldiers...at least one of them males was a real dirt bag.
Seems I spent half my time on deployments watching out for some of my fellow female soldiers who were getting "hit on" 16 hours a day by the males.
I was like their "dad" or big brother in some cases. I had a good wife back home that I didn't want to loose, but some have little moral values.
happy civilian life...
Never forget: You are a sister vet!

12/24/2009 03:42:00 PM  
Blogger Joe said...

Thoughts are that it seems like someone made a rule without consulting other people first.

12/24/2009 04:37:00 PM  
Blogger مارية said...

I'm still pondering this one too. The more I think about it, the more I come up with that needs to be said!

12/24/2009 10:34:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home