Thursday, August 03, 2006

The Virgin Mary.

On December 27, 2001 I joined the United States Army Reserve at the ripe age of 17. I was a virgin, been drunk twice in my life, never did any drugs, and was into a different scene then most of the kids in my high school. Out of no where I grew balls and joined the Army. One day I came home from school and told my dad I was thinking about joining. All the men in my family had been in the military…my grandfathers, their fathers, my dad, and two of my half brothers ( I have three). I told him I wanted to join mainly because it’ll look good on my resume and I wanted to travel too. My dad and mom supported me but also reminded me that September 11th had just happened and I could possibly get sent over seas if we declare war. I looked at him and said…”Who the hell would send me to war?” I left for Ft. Jackson, SC on November 4, 2002 for Basic Training. I’m not really going to talk about it…but I remember this one Drill Sergeant that hated me because I was always laughing...he really couldn’t stand me. We were training in the woods and I remember him screaming, ”You’re worthless Private Giggles…If you ever go to war you should be the first one killed.” I just stared at him and started laughing…miserable prick. Maybe I should find him and tell him I laughed all the way through Iraq and made it home alive.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Private Giggles. Can't wait till you get to the part where you loose your virginity.

Checked out the TouTube vids...lostsa good stuff.

You might like this...Check out the Dumb-Vee. (Yeah, I got a refrigerator magnet on there somewhere.)

http://iowahawk.typepad.com/iowahawk/2006/07/weekend_.html

8/07/2006 05:30:00 PM  
Blogger GI Kate said...

timmy,

ohh i dont talk about that! and besides i didnt loose it when i was in iraq!

ill check it out!

8/07/2006 07:54:00 PM  
Blogger GI Kate said...

the link didnt work!!

8/08/2006 10:27:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are an amazing person, my hat off to you. I saw you on "Band of Bloggers." You are beautiful, inside and out.

Carry on, private giggles. I love your sarcastic black humor.

RA in California.

11/12/2007 10:53:00 PM  
Blogger 13 Stoploss said...

little late here, but it was this page from a sitemeter search from someone in missouri that linked me here. anyway, funny. wifey went to basic in relaxin' about 2 weeks later than you did, and she called one of her drill sergeants a butthead. she seemed to laugh a lot also.

12/15/2008 02:04:00 AM  
Anonymous Alex said...

Wow i know this is an old post

i remember good times at fort jackson with you

hope your doing well

4/01/2009 06:30:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home